- Calories: 248
- Protein: 5.0g
- Carbohydrates: 44.0g
- Fat: 5.0g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 354mg
- Potassium 109mg
Cooking Time 50 min
Now you can enjoy your apple cake less the fat!
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/8 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white self-rising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, plus
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-2 large green apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat an 10-inch spring form pan with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and 3/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and cornstarch and fold into the cake batter. Pour into prepared pan.
- Layer apple slices in a circular pattern on top of cake. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over apples. Bake for about 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.