Monday, February 2, 2015

America is Not the greatest country in the world...anymore.

America is Not the greatest country in the world...anymore. It is sad how far we have fallen since my grandparents generation of the 1940's - 50's.
I was taught to strive for excellence. That failure is part of the process but not an option. I was instilled with drive and determination to do better, do more, and NEVER quit until you succeed. I was inspired by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Cory Everson, and many girls working out at my local gym growing up.
In our current culture it is frowned upon to be your best as you might expose someones else insecurity. We are not allow to keep score at sporting events for children, we are not allowed to have player of the year awards and now we are not allowed to wear sports bras in a gym.
Yes, you read correctly. I was told today by a employee at In-Shape Gym in Porterville, CA https://www.facebook.com/inshape that sports bras are not allowed. Remind you I have been lifting weights in gyms all over the United States since 1985, I also own a gym Hillcrest Fitness and I Chris Bruce am a Certified Personal Trainer.
It first angered and now really saddens me that someones insecurity has now come to effect me in my previously only sanctuary. Instead of being threatened by others take it as a challenge to improve.